The USAID-funded West Africa Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) leverages U.S. volunteer technical assistance to support agricultural priorities in the region. The F2F Program goal is to generate sustainable, broad-based economic growth in the agricultural sector. A secondary goal is to increase the U.S. public’s understanding of international development issues and programs and international understanding of the U.S. and U.S. development programs.
West Africa F2F Guinea Program
Winrock International’s F2F Program in Guinea will focus on support for agriculture education and training (AET) as well as development of rural livelihood. This program will serve as a bridge between AET and to empower rural women, men, and youth to diversify and increase income from agriculture-related livelihoods. Winrock aims to field approximately 92 volunteers in Guinea over the five-year program. Winrock is flexible to adjust focus areas as needed, to complement USAID/Guinea’s strategic priorities.
- Support day-to-day program implementation by providing technical and logistical support to achieve assignment objectives.
- Liaise with hosts and partners to develop scopes of work for volunteer technical assistance.
- In coordination with the Country Director, liaise with the volunteer in advance of the assignment as necessary to provide background information about the country, sector, host, or other.
- Facilitate volunteer assignment implementation, including:
o Accompanying the US volunteers during their assignments and serve as interpreter as needed.
o Provide technical advice to volunteers and staff as needed.
o Ensure assignment logistics are completed in advance of the volunteer assignment.
o Monitor the volunteer’s work.
- Collect and compile accurate and timely baseline and project impact data; liaise with hosts to compile this information.
- Complete all volunteer assignment documentation (pre-assignment documentation, End of Assignment report, debrief, attendance sheets, etc.) on a timely basis and submit to HQ for review.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual work plans and semi-annual technical reports, meeting USAID and Winrock requirements.
- Compile impact survey data from hosts; coordinate data reviews with program staff in charge of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Liaise with field staff, hosts institutions, HQ staff/support units, project partners, and donors.
- Professionally represent Winrock and Farmer-to-Farmer in while attending coordination meetings, with USAID, other NGOS, and government.
- Research and gather host background information and working with volunteer to write, edit, coordinate and produce quality, and accurate report.
- Participate in outreach activities related to the F2F program and volunteer assignments
- Contribute towards country planning to further the program’s ability to meet or exceed targets
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Agriculture, International Development, Non-profit Management, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience working on donor funded projects (USAID preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Professional level written and spoken English
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills
- Experience working with U.S.-based volunteers/consultants, highly preferred
- Experience working with International NGOs, preferred
How to Apply:
Applications should include a current resume, cover letter, copies of diploma and work certificates and references. Please send to: [email protected] before Friday, October 25th, 2019 at 12:00PM.
Women’s application is strongly encouraged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.